There are insidious disease that starts and flow completely invisible to humans, but in the end lead to serious and irreversible health consequences. One such disease — glaucoma. For Glaucoma is characterized by a constant or periodic increase in intraocular pressure. If the eye pressure is not the time to reduce to normal, atrophy (death) of the optic nerve, which leads to irreversible blindness.
That's why people who turned
Remember to save vision Glaucoma can only be started on time treatment!
During the examination the doctor:
- measure the patient intraocular pressure (tonometry, elastotonometriya);
- check visual acuity using a table with the letters;
- examine the fundus of the eye;
- will study the performance of intraocular fluid through e tonography;
- check the field of view on a special device (perimetry) to assess the damage of the optic nerve. During the study, the patient should
time to follow the point of moving in different directions. some
Glaucoma is beginning to be treated with eye drops that lower the intraocular pressure. In addition, the patient is prescribed medications that improve blood circulation and metabolism in the eyes. The cure for glaucoma can be assigned only to the doctor on the types and causes of the disease. Self-treatment is unacceptable, it can lead to the development of an acute attack of glaucoma. If medications do not help, then, the patient is required glaucoma surgery.
The operations are different. Some are made Laser, others are associated with the opening of the eyeball. The goal of most glaucoma operations — to increase the speed of the outflow of aqueous humor from the eye, only a small number of operations aimed at reducing vlagoobrazovaniya. Completely cure glaucoma is almost impossible, because it has a chronic course. However, with time begun correct and consistent treatment of the disease can be suspended, while maintaining good vision.
If a person has suffered an acute attack of glaucoma, it needs urgent help!
Ill-angle glaucoma should adhere to the following rules:
- to conduct follow-up visits should not visit an ophthalmologist at least once in
- when a uncomfortable feeling in the eye (the feeling of fullness in the eye, pain in the brow, periodic blurred vision or iridescent circles when looking at the light source) should immediately contact an ophthalmologist;
- do not take drugs containing atropine, belladonna, caffeine, strychnine;
- about the disease glaucoma to notify doctors, who have to be treated;
- with concomitant diseases (atherosclerosis, hypertension, and diabetes mellitus), except for treatment eye also conduct treatment existing disease;
- always consult an ophthalmologist for the admission of a drug designated by other expert
- avoid stress at home and at work;
- sleep at least 8 hours a day (on a high pillow);
- did not work the night shift, do not lift heavy weights;
- avoid situations that cause a rush of blood to the head (laundry, cleaning floors, work in the beds, picking up mushrooms and berries, etc.)
- gymnastics, as you can spend more time in the fresh air;
- do not sit in the dark, watching TV only with the light;
- read only in good light, avoid eye fatigue;
- not be a long time in the sun with his head uncovered;
- in the summer, the sunlight is necessary to use special protective glasses green for patients with glaucoma;
- do not drink alcohol or smoke. Exclude strong tea and coffee, baking, spices;
- there is no fat, smoked, salted, meat offal and broth. The preferred
a diet rich in vitamins and trace elements; lacto-vegetarian
- restrict fluid intake to 1.5 liters per day;
- monitor the status of
tract, to avoid constipation; gastrointestinal
- do not swim in cold water, warm in winter dress. Avoid exposure to cold, do not go out at very low temperatures;
- do not bathe in the bath.