As you know, men do not like to go to doctors. Especially if the ailment for the intimate sphere. But today, this attitude towards their health thing of the past. To whom should seek man, feeling unwell?
Health of men engaged in special doctors — andrology. They all treat diseases of the male reproductive system, and disorders of sexual functions. Preventive care in andrology recommended to pass 2-3 times a year.
The most common diseases of the male genitalia are considered an inflammatory disease, benign prostatic hypertrophy, erectile dysfunction (impotence), and male infertility. Currently, medicine developed very effective treatments for all these problems.
Probably the most trouble delivers men prostatitis. From 30 to 65% of men over 25 years suffer from this disease.
Prostatitis often occurs almost asymptomatic, and man can not long be unaware of the fact that he was sick. But at any time under adverse conditions (hypothermia, prolonged sexual abstinence, stress) may occur aggravation. Chronic prostatitis is usually leads to vezikulita (gonecystitis) orchiepididymitis (testicular inflammation and appendages). Are the result of infertility, impotence, premature ejaculation.
Prevention of prostatitis is obligatory for every man after 30 years and is in compliance with simple rules:
- Avoid hypothermia and, above all, do not sit on the cold surface.
- Having sex regularly (according to various sources, at least 100 times a year).
- Lead an active lifestyle (to avoid congestion in the pelvic area) — walking, playing sports.
- A diet (limiting intake of alcohol, spicy, fried and canned food).
once a year to be screened in andrology. One or two
Inflammatory genitourinary disease are the most common urologic diseases. They are one of the causes of infertility, impotence, sexual dysfunction, cancer.
The usual signs of inflammation — redness, pain, swelling of the mucous membranes, uncharacteristic of urethral discharge, itching, or irritation, disruption of the organs of the reproductive system.
- prostate — prostatitis,
- urethra — urethritis,
- Bladder — cystitis,
- head of the penis and the inner layer of the foreskin — balanoposthitis,
- Egg — orchitis,
- epididymis — epididymitis.
Among sexually transmitted infections should be emphasized syphilis, trichomoniasis, gonorrhea, chlamydia, mycoplasmosis, ureaplasmosis, candidiasis, bacterial vaginosis. Any of these infections may cause prostatitis.
For the diagnosis of inflammatory diseases require a series of tests.
- Ultrasound examination (U.S.) of the prostate and urinary tract. This study allows the physician to assess the structure of the internal organs, their size, the presence or absence of tumors and cysts.
- Urinalysis in three portions. This analysis reveals the presence of inflammation of urethra, bladder and prostate.
- Microscopic examination of the secret, excreted by the prostate gland. At the same time revealed various abnormalities in the functioning of the prostate and found some disease agents.
- Ureteroscopy. This examination of the urethra
which makes it possible to see the specific site of inflammation. probe-urethroscope, major sexually transmitted infections. This test is often referred to as "analysis of 10 infections". This method is based on the method of polymerase chain reaction (PCR) and today is the most effective for the detection of infectious diseases. This determines the particular site DNA diagnostics DNA of the pathogen,allowing to distinguish it clearly from other with high reliability and very fast. Moreover, it allows detection of chronic infection and, conversely, infection at an early stage. DNA diagnostics
- Bacterial seeding pathogenic flora from the determination of sensitivity to antibiotics — cultivation of pathogenic microorganisms (especially bacteria) in vitro and verification of their sensitivity to various drugs. It is necessary to select the optimal treatment strategy for this infection.
- Blood analysis by ELISA (ELISA). This is the identification of specific molecules in the blood — antibodies that the body produces in an attempt to fight off infections. Such antibodies are highly specific, depending on the type of infection and persist in the blood for a long time, which allows to evaluate how long onset, and reveal the hidden forms of the infection.
- Microscopic examination of the smearurethra. Conducted to study the urethral epithelium and flora urethra.
- Assayprostate-specific antigen (PSA). Requires an increase in prostate size. For this analysis, blood was taken from veins. High rates of PSA are signs of the development of various tumors, prostate cancer up to.
Adenoma (benign prostatic hyperplasia) of the prostate
Adenoma of the prostate gland — is overgrowth of tissue and the occurrence of cancer in her benign neoplasms (tumors, "hubs"). As the prostate gland covers a part of the urethra, with sprouting she squeezes it, and difficult urination. Most often, the disease suffered by men older than 40 years.
Initially worried about difficulty urinating, frequent urge to it. Then
By common male diseases include warts and papillomas — small growths of skin of the penis and perianal infection with papillomavirus. Such tumors is recommended to remove, especially if they are injured by contact with clothing.
According to statistics, 45% of cases of infertility in married couples "to blame" for infertility is male, and only 40% — a woman. The remaining cases are associated with the incompatibility of partners (eg, the emergence of a woman allergic reaction to the partner's sperm), or other diseases. Today, both male and female infertility can almost always be cured.
The causes of male infertility very different: inflammatory diseases of the urinary organs (urethritis, prostatitis, etc.), diseases, sexually transmitted diseases (gonorrhea, chlamydia, trichomoniasis, and others), sexual dysfunction (impotence, premature ejaculation, etc.), obstruction of the seminiferous tubules , varicose veins of the spermatic cord (varicocele), hormonal disturbances, leading to a decrease in spermatogenesis.
In the diagnosis of infertility necessarily make the following tests:
- Analysis of semen (sperm) — Semen. Conducted to determine the quality of sperm abnormalities are exceptions. This analysis determines the number, mobility, and "persistence" of sperm, their size, shape, and the amount of sperm produced. Healthy sperm should contain about 75% of live sperm, 50% of them moving forward with a quick movement (their number should not be changed for three hours). More than 30% of the sperm should have a normal shape.
- Bacterial seeding spermokultury — needed to detect or prevent possible infections in semen.
- Analysis of the four hormones in blood (Follicle stimulating hormone (FSH), luteinizing hormone (LH), prolactin, testosterone). Formation normal sperm is only possible at certain concentrations of these hormones in the blood.
of infertility includes the conduct of the general (and used for the diagnosis of other diseases) assays: bacterial seeding of prostate secretion, urine tests, microscopic examination of prostatic fluid, ultrasound of the prostate,
The most common sexual disorders include impotence (erectile dysfunction) and premature ejaculation. Access to a doctor, usually solves all these problems. For example, impotence cure in 90 cases out of 100.
Impotence may occur
In Moscow clinics cost of the treatment of erectile dysfunction depends on the cause and the technique of treatment. Thus, treatment by vacuum stimulation costs 300 rubles. in one session, the introduction of drugs — about 550 rubles. per session, while falloprotezirovanie (special prosthesis implantation in the penis) — up to 20 thousand rubles.
So, in today's world, the decision of "male problem" has been greatly enhanced. And the more likely will be a visit to the doctor, the greater the chances of a quick recovery without complications.