It is known that during pregnancy a woman is under the constant supervision of a gynecologist. Visit it should be in the next few days after birth — is necessary in order to prevent or timely detect possible complications.
When the young mother should first go to see a doctor?
It depends on how the birth took place: the natural way or used caesarean section. In each case, the post-partum period will occur
If labor is going through the birth canal, and the postpartum period is going well, you should visit a gynecologist when vaginal discharge will be natural. This must be done so that the doctor was able to see the birth canal and make a conclusion about how to form the cervix as heal inner seams (if any were imposed), if they did not disperse.
Genital discharge (lochia), starting immediately after birth, lasting on average
How will the inspection?
When you first visit a gynecologist after discharge from the hospital the doctor will ask in detail about how the leaking and the labor ended, as leaking or flowing postpartum fill medical records, bonded to it you submit the documents from the hospital, be sure to conduct inspection on the chair.
When natural breaks lineages possible soft tissue of the cervix, perineum. At once after birth
On examination, the doctor is important to assess the condition of the vulva: is there stitching on the perineum, labia, and in what state they are. Also required examination of the vagina and cervix. The failure of joints in the walls of the vagina can lead to the formation of fistulas (through holes — for example, between the rectum and vagina).
If the cervix is not formed (an irregular shape), the more likely it is due to undetected fractures or joints disintegrated on the cervix. In this case, necessary imposing secondary seams, or it can lead to chronic inflammation of the uterine cervix (cervicitis) and infertility. The gynecologist will take a swab from the cervix and vaginal discharge. This analysis will identify incipient inflammation the vagina or cervix, in time to assign treatment, preventing the spread of infection.
Feeling the body of the uterus, the ovaries, the doctor evaluates their size and consistency. Loose, painful, enlarged in size uterus tells about the beginning of endometritis (inflammation of the mucous layer of the uterus).
If labor is ended caesarean section, then a doctor should contact a few days after discharge from the hospital. After cesarean uterine contractions is somewhat slower
And the doctor, and the young mother must be sure that the incision is healing well and will not bring any trouble. Very important is the correct care for postoperative suture at home. After a hygienic shower seam must be lubricated with brilliant green (solution of brilliant green), laundry, which comes into contact with it, should be cotton and free, they are not crushed. Processing seam drugs should be carried out as long as it formed a crust.
Ultrasound after birth
Prior to discharge from the hospital, usually carried ultrasound (U.S.).
This is necessary in order to:
- assess the condition of the uterus, the presence of clots in it, remains a placenta;
- determine whether well reduced uterus, ie measure it and compare the obtained dimensions to existing standards;
- early identification of complications.
If the uterus are remnants of blood clots or placenta, it prevents it from fully reduced. In addition, the clots are a breeding ground for microorganisms, and thus contribute to the development of complications such as uterine subinvolution (ie uterus in its size exceeds the permitted limit for the day postpartum period), lohiometra (lochia accumulate in the uterus), endometriosis (inflammation of the inner layer of the uterus). To eliminate these diseases, need help
When should you see a doctor immediately?
We note some of the symptoms and when they appear young mothers urgently need to see a gynecologist, even if their overall health good:
- Increased body temperature. This symptom is not always associated with the common cold: first of all, you need to exclude postpartum complication — an inflammation of the mucous layer of the uterus (endometritis). If time does not diagnose and begin treatment of endometritis, it can lead to serious consequences. This complication is particularly dangerous for women undergoing cesarean section because the inflammatory process may move very quickly with mucus on muscle layer of the uterus. Also, to exclude the inflammatory process in the weld (seam), if any.
- Changes in the nature and quality of discharge from the genital tract. A woman after childbirth should alert the appearance of discharge with an unpleasant odor, as well as more abundant, purulent secretions or blood — this is evidence of inflammation in the uterus.
- The appearance of any painful sensations in the abdomen or in the postoperative suture. This may be a sign of pathological changes in the uterus or talk about inflammation of the joint.
- The appearance of discharge from the suture after cesarean section, and engorgement and redness around the postoperative suture indicates accession of infection and the development of inflammation.