What is it?
Anal fissure (fissure) — damage to the rectal mucosa at the site of the anal sphincter. In 90% of cases crack Located on the rear wall of the anal canal.
This is one of the most common proctologic disease is more common in men with different sexual orientations.
Why did this happen?
Anal fissure Damage results from anal mucosa with constipation, diarrhea, hemorrhoids, proctitis, as well as injury of the intestinal wall during anal sex, and the passage of stool to foreign bodies (e.g., seeds).
What's going on?
The main symptoms of anal fissure:
- sharp pain during and after defecation;
- scanty bleeding during bowel movements (sometimes not always);
- spasm and tension of muscles in the anus (spasm of the sphincter).
Severe pain after stool persist up to several hours, resulting in irritability, nervousness, sleep disturbances. Patients with anal fissure are afraid of going to the toilet and unknowingly delay chair, which leads to compaction of feces and further injury to the anus during bowel movements.
Untreated self healing occurs. Area of the crack increases, its edges are sealed, formed non-healing ulcer (chronic anal crack), Which manifests itself excruciating pain and constipation.
The choice of treatment is proctologist after inspection, the condition of the patient and the duration of the disease.
Therapeutic treatment includes the use of:
- Other special ointments;
- candles that have analgesic, anti-inflammatory and wound-healing effect;
- mikroklizm oil;
- sedentary baths with antiseptic solution.
Surgical treatment used for chronic fissures, when therapeutic interventions to cure disease fails. Interventions are of several kinds:
- Surgery to remove the anal fissure. Run concurrently and sphincterotomy (partial dissection of muscles anus) to remove the spasm.
- Drug coagulation defect of the mucosa. Crack cut away sclerosing solution, which causes it to scarring.
- LasercoagulationI damaged section of intestine allows using a laser under local anesthesia to remove the crack.
An important part of treatment is diet. Useful foods rich in dietary fibers — vegetables and fruits (prunes, dried apricots, dried apricots, figs), normalize bowel movements.
It is recommended to exclude sharp, salty, bitter and irritating food seasonings, as well as alcoholic beverages (including beer).
During treatment, avoid physical exertion, especially heavy lifting, as well as hot water treatments.
In the absence or delayed treatment, there are serious complications — festering wound, the formation of rough, painful scars in the anus, sometimes sinus tracts.