Anemic profile allows you to identify anemia and to determine the cause.
Why do anemic profile?
- for the diagnosis of various anemias;
- to monitor treatment of iron deficiency anemia;
- acute and chronic infectious diseases, as well as in systemic inflammatory diseases;
- with eating disorders and absorption, hypo-and avitaminosis, disturbances of the gastrointestinal tract;
- in cases of suspected poisoning by iron preparations.
What do the indicators of diabetic profile?
1) Iron (serum iron) — vital trace mineral that is part of hemoglobin, is involved in the transport and deposition of oxygen and plays an important role in hematopoiesis.
The normal values of serum iron:
- Women — 8.95 — 30.43 mmol / L
- men — 11.64 — 30.43 pmol / l
2) iron-binding capacity — index, which is used for the early detection of iron deficiency in the body.
The normal value of iron-binding capacity:
- men — 54,0-72,0 umol / L
- women — 45,0-63,0 umol / L
3) Transferrin — beta-globulin synthesized in liver, the primary function of which is to transport iron grown deep in its depot (liver, spleen), and also in the reticulocytes and their precursors in the bone marrow.
Normal values of transferrin :2,03-3, 6 g / l
4) 12 (Vitamin B12, Cyanocobalamin) — Vitamin necessary for proper maturation of erythrocytes.
Normal values in 12:160-878 pg / ml.
5) Ferritin — complex compound comprising a hydroxide of iron and protein deposits which iron and serves as an indicator of iron stores in the body.
Normal ferritin values:
- men — 28-397 pg / ml
- Women — 6-159 pg / ml
6) Erythropoietin — hormone that controls and regulates the formation of red blood cells in the body.
Normal values of erythropoietin: 2,6-34 mU / ml.
How to prepare for the study?
To stop taking iron supplements or medicines, or notify the physician. Blood collection is desirable to produce an empty stomach in the morning. Between the last meal and taking a blood sample should be at least 12 hours. Necessary to eliminate the increased psycho-emotional and physical stress.