Allergic profile

Allergic profile — immunological blood test that can diagnose the early stages of allergic diseases and to identify the major allergens.

What indicators are included in the allergenic profile?

Total IgE (immunoglobulin E total) and specific IgE (specific immunoglobulin E) — the antibody responsible for allergic reactions.

What is the specific IgE?

Allergy to household, pollen, food and other allergens accompanied by the appearance of antibodies (immunoglobulins — Ig) class E. In patients allergic diseases the level of specific IgE-antibodies dramatically increased.

What are the indications for analysis?

  • Allergic diseases: bronchial asthma, atopic dermatitis, eczema, food and drug allergies;
  • Helminth infections;
  • Assessment of risk of allergic diseases in children whose relatives have allergies.

What allergological profiles are investigated in the laboratory?

  • wool and animal epithelium (panel or individually — a cat, dog, guinea pig, hamster);
  • household allergens (panel or individually — house dust, mikrokleschey);
  • fungal allergens (panel);
  • pollen allergens (panels, typical for the region of residence
  • food allergens (individually for possible expansion
    diet the patient);
  • allergens drugs (at the discretion of the physician).

What kind of training is needed to study? 

3 days prior to blood sampling is necessary to avoid the physical and emotional stress, and 1 hour prior to the taking of blood — smoking.

What is the period of execution of research?

1 day (the result is given on the next business day).

What are the indicators of normal IgE common?



The level of IgE, U / ml

5 days — 12 months.

0 — 15

12 months. — 6 years

0 — 60

6 — 10 years

0 — 90

10 — 16 years

0 — 200

children over 16 and adults

0 — 100

What do the results of the analyzes on specific immunoglobulins?

Positive results indicate those allergens that may potentially cause allergic reactions.

What doctor can advise on the test results?

For the diagnosis and decide on treatment should consult an allergist.

Like this post? Please share to your friends: