Many women who suffer from allergies, are afraid to have a child. After all, they constantly need to take allergy medications, and during pregnancy it can not be done. Drugs can damage the unborn child!
The combination of allergies and pregnancy is certainly not the best thing that happens in life. However, there is some good news. Scientists have shown that during pregnancy the fairer sex increases production of the hormone cortisol, which has an anti-allergic activity. So in women "situation" allergy occur less frequently, and if there are, it runs in a milder form. Even serious diseases such as bronchial asthma and hay fever during pregnancy can generally does not manifest itself. After birth, the level of cortisol in the blood is slowly returning to normal, and allergy renewed. If allergy completely disappeared in the first pregnancy, most likely the same thing will happen in the next.
How pregnancy can influence the allergy?
We can distinguish three types of effect of pregnancy on allergy:
- pregnancy does not affect the course of allergy;
- against pregnancy start to improve the flow of allergic diseases;
- against pregnancy occurs aggravation of allergic diseases.
According to statistics, runny nose and nasal congestion disturb almost every second pregnancy, starting at 12 weeks after conception.
If there is a direct link between flowering herbs (the appearance of a cat in the house, change of diet), and a problem with the nose — hence, the woman happened to exacerbation of allergic rhinitis.
Other allergic disease — asthma — occurs in 2% of pregnant women. However, if before the asthma was not, intime pregnancy is unlikely to emerge. If you have had asthma, its acute need to wait 24 to 36 weeks of pregnancy. In the last 4 weeks before delivery virtually all women with asthma condition improves. Today bronchial asthma is not considered a contraindication for pregnancy. The main thing — control by the doctors. On the other hand, there are cutaneous manifestations of allergies (for example, a special kind of "hives"), which are commonly found just in the first pregnancy.
During pregnancy should be very wary of drugs, including anti-allergic to drugs. Need to constantly consult an allergist and take the medicine just in case if the possible risk of effects on the fetus does not exceed the resulting benefit.
None of the anti-allergic drugs do not guarantee complete security for the future of the child. Especially suspicious tavegil. When in the course of a scientific experiment they fed pregnant rats in newborn rats developed heart defects and defects paws. Although about deformities in humans after taking tavegila in medical journals do not write all the risk not worth it. In this respect, is considered relatively safe diazolin: he used long, obvious adverse effects on the fetus were observed. However, even diazolin advisable to drink only in the most extreme cases, a short time and a little bit.
If the expectant mother suffers from allergies, it is very likely (but not necessarily) that they will have a child. However, the problem of allergy in a child may encounter a woman who is nothing like this has ever been sick. Found that the child's immune system encounters an allergen even in the womb, and at the same time formed a hypersensitivity to it. After the birth baby in contact with an allergen — the substance to which the immune system reacts inappropriately, resulting in allergic processes begin.
What to do?
For a consultation with an allergist is desirable to go before pregnancy. The doctor will prescribe a comprehensive allergy and immunological examination, will give a direction to conduct allergy tests. Knowing exactly which substances cause such a reaction of the body, you can protect yourself from them during pregnancy.
One of the main ways to prevent allergies in the mother and the unborn child is a hypoallergenic diet. All pregnant women are advised to observe it from the seventh month. If the expectant mother is allergic, then stick to the diet it needs from the first days of pregnancy.
The basic principle of this diet — exclusion of allergenic foods from the diet. These are: milk, eggs, nuts, honey, seafood (crab, shrimp, crawfish), fish, caviar and black raspberries, strawberries, tomatoes, chocolate, cheese, citrus fruits, chicken, canned foods, sweet, spicy, salty marinated and juices.
You can eat: cereal, lean meat and poultry boiled (veal, turkey, chicken), vegetables and fruits are not bright color (potatoes, cabbage, cucumbers, zucchini, green and yellow apples, pears, etc.).
Also, try to avoid other allergens.
- Unacceptable smoking (active and passive) pregnant and lactating women. There is evidence showing that maternal smoking during pregnancy affects the development of the fetal lung, resulting in intrauterine growth retardation. The children of smoking mothers more likely to develop atopic dermatitis, asthma, pneumonia, sudden death syndrome in infants.
- More often ventilate the apartment every day do wet cleaning at least once a week, this vacuum carpets and upholstered furniture, knock out and dry the air. You can do for a while to get rid of these "dust collectors", as carpets, curtains, blinds;
- Try to limit your contact with cats and dogs (during pregnancy), and brings the cockroaches;
- Breast milk — the most suitable product for feeding young infants. Early — up to 4 months — cessation of breastfeeding increases the frequency of allergic reactions in children several times, as with my mother's milk to the baby coming substances that neutralize allergens.