Allergy at home

Allergy at home

Allergy— Is increased sensitivity to various substances, manifested unusual reactions when in contact with them. Become an allergen can almost everything that surrounds us. Even if you hid at home from spring pollen, it does not mean that you ran away from allergies.

Allergy house dust

Any household dust is a complex of allergens. It includes: Library dust (cellulose), fragments of feathers, wool and animal dander, wool fibers, hair and particles of human skin, fungal spores and bacteria, insect parts (cockroaches), cotton, upholstery for furniture, etc. All of these can be the cause of allergic disease, but mainly from household allergens is the house dust mite.

The main symptoms of allergy to house dust are:

  • Shortness of breath (dyspnea, asthma);
  • Wheezing in the chest;
  • Spastic (paroxysmal), nonproductive cough;
  • Nasal congestion, runny nose, sneezing;
  • Itching and redness of the eyes, watery eyes;
  • Symptoms of eczema or urticaria.

Especially obviously these symptoms are in bed at night and waking in the morning, while cleaning the premises. Symptoms observed year-round and are particularly concerned about the fall and winter, when the mites multiply. The peak number of accounts at the end of August — beginning of October.

Allergy to mold

Allergy associated with fungi, mostly occurs in the season the greatest spread of fungal spores, it is a warm season — June-July and September-October.

Allergy symptoms develop when inhaled spores or fragments of microscopic fungi that are easily carried air:

  • Shortness of breath (dyspnea, shortness of breath);
  • Cough;
  • Nasal congestion, sneezing attacks.

After contact with fungi in the stomach can cause the following symptoms:

  • Stomach pain;
  • Diarrhea, nausea, vomiting;
  • Itching in the mouth, angioedema;
  • Hives.

The place of growth and reproduction of fungi are warm, damp, poorly ventilated rooms, cooling and heating systems, air conditioners, air cleaners over cookers, dishwashers. Mushrooms grow on the wallpaper, the walls in the bathroom and toilet, indoor plants, in the trash can and trash. Damp earth flower pot is a good environment for the development of fungi.

Allergy to insect

Allergy symptoms occur through inhalation of small particles of bodies of insects or their metabolic products, bites and if stung. Allergies can occur after a bite of blood-sucking insects (mosquitoes, black flies, horse flies, bugs) and in contact with other insects (cockroaches, moths, butterflies, grasshoppers, etc.). Cockroach allergens are present in house dust. The most dangerous type of allergy is allergic to stinging Hymenoptera (wasps, bees, etc.).

A typical and normal reaction in humans after stinging — it's a pain, swelling and redness, which are limited to the site of injury of the skin. Less commonly, the local reaction may be more pronounced, and be a significant swelling and pain. Although such reaction rather unpleasant, it is usually kept no more than 2-3 days. However, some people have to bee or wasp leads to the rapid development of severe allergic reactions, such as anaphylactic shock, or swelling of the throat (angioedema). In that case, can help only urgent resuscitation.

Latex allergy

Allergy tolatex can manifest itself in a variety of time from the beginning of daily contact with the latex — a few days, months or years. Particularly susceptible to latex allergy physicians and food industry workers who use latex gloves, and the people who use condoms, which include latex.

For allergylatex the most typical variety of skin symptoms that occur after contact with products containing latex, as pokrasnentya, itching, swelling, or blisters. The latex particles can be transmitted through the air, then there are symptoms of respiratory allergies — sneezing, runny nose, watery eyes, itching, and redness of the eyes, asthma attacks are possible.

Allergy to household chemicals

This type of allergy is spreading more with each passing year, as the number of household cleaning products. It is manifested by skin reactions: itching, redness, peeling of the skin in contact with the substance, as well as respiratory symptoms when inhaled particulate matter.

Like this post? Please share to your friends: