Today in fashion beauty and youth. Movie stars and
To get rid of spider veins, age spots and excessive hair growth, improve skin tone, you need much heat a certain area of the skin (the target), located below the epidermis. This process is called thermolysis — it is the basis of most modern hardware methods of cosmetic medicine.
It would seem simple: heats — and will be the desired effect. However, the problem consists in the fact that the thermolysis must act specifically and not to affect surrounding tissue. For example, remove age spots and not to let the skin burn.
The standard approach to solving this problem is to use a special thermal effect — the light energy with the wavelength which has the maximum difference in the absorption of the target and the surrounding tissue.
To date, these methods are used in two basic technologies.
- Lasers — monochromatic laser light.
- Technology IPL (Intense Pulse Light — intense pulsed light), known as phototherapy (photo rejuvenation, photo-epilation). Using this technology you can customize the light waves (filter out certain parts of the spectrum of radiation) for optimal results.
The essence of the two methods — the light radiation penetrates the skin to a depth of several millimeters, which is absorbed
That is, both of these methods are not perfect. To heat the target to the level of coagulation without damage to the surrounding tissue is necessary:
- penetration of radiation to a sufficient depth;
- the light absorption of the target should be higher than the absorption of light surrounding tissues;
- pulse duration is greater than the thermal relaxation time of the target.
To overcome the limitations of photothermolysis using a light / laser combo has allowed the use of the energy of light radiation and electrical energy in the radio frequency range — a new method developed by the Israeli company Syneron Medical Ltd., Which is called ELOSTM (
The mechanism of action ELOSTM
In the ELOS technologyTM light energy is used only to create a small temperature difference between the target and surrounding tissues. And the resulting temperature difference is used for the selective effects of radio frequency energy to the target — to achieve the desired effect. Therefore, there is required high-intensity light as in photothermolysis — and minimum damage to the surrounding tissue. The second advantage: the electric energy in the radio frequency range sensitive to skin pigmentation, and hence can be used on skin color without any risk of
The temperature difference of the target and surrounding tissue during ELOSTMfurther enhanced by pre-cooling the skin. External cooling reduces the temperature of the skin, while the temperature of the target deep lying tissue such as blood vessels or hair follicles remain unchanged. Reducing the temperature of the skin leads to a reduction of skin conductivity. Thus, the impact pulse will be less effective in heating the skin, as compared with the heating target, allowing the skin to maintain a low temperature (as opposed to the target temperature, the exposed).
Thus, the combination of pre-cooling and selective heating using light energy radiation creates optimal temperature distribution significantly cooler surrounding tissue target.
ELOSTMmethod consists of the following:
- Pre-cooling of the epidermis;
- Exposure light pulse for selective heating of the target — the impact energy should be selected so that the temperature of the epidermis does not exceed the target temperature;
- Exposure to radio frequency pulse to heat the target to a temperature of coagulation.
The range of problems for which the technology is used ELOSTM:
- Removal of unwanted hair on all body parts;
- skin renewal: the treatment of skin defects (rosacea, rosacea, telangiectasia, erythema, lentiginosis, hyperpigmentation of various origins, acne scars, chicken pox scars, large pores, etc.) and rejuvenation (smoothing fine wrinkles, deep wrinkles become "softer" area jaw tightened, the skin structure is aligned and looks more healthy, youthful and natural).
- Is more effective than the methods photothermolysis.
- Hair removal can be used for light and baby hair for all skin types. Hair removal is due to the simultaneous effect on the hair and the hair follicle.
- Can be used on dark and tanned skin, as its action does not depend on the presence of melanin.
- Selective effects on target (defect) does not affect the surrounding tissue.
- Minimum recovery period (mild reddening of the skin which disappears within a few hours) or its absence.
- The cooling system makes the procedure comfortable and painless (no anesthesia is required).
- The costs of the procedures on instruments used ELOS technologyTM, significantly less than with other markers using the light emission.
- The monitoring system for the change in resistance of skin each time makes it possible to provide high-quality, reproducible and safe treatment, but not to guess, waiting for a response clinical response, as in other methods.
Source: The Israeli Center of hardware cosmetology "Bathsheba"