1 kg of apples (for jam is best to choose a sweet and solid fruit, and jam for more acidic)
500g sugar, 1 lemon, cinnamon, cardamom, a few leaves of mint or 2-3 cm of fresh ginger root
• In the recipe of ingredients for 1 kg of untreated fresh apples.
• Wash apples and cored. For jams, marmalades and preserves apples fit any quality, including windfalls. Just before cooking is necessary to remove all the «bad» seats.
• Cut the fruits slices, mince or grate. Lemon finely chopped straight from the peel. He will not give apples oxidize and darken quickly. If you add ginger jam, it is necessary to peel and grate.
• In a saucepan or deep pelvis to shift fruits, fill them with sugar. Its amount may vary depending on taste preferences. (The ratio of 1: 1 cup of sugar per 1 kg of peeled apples). We offer a compromise: for 1 kg of apples take 500 g sugar (2: 1)
• Jam is better to cook over low heat, stirring occasionally, most often in the beginning, until the sugar is dissolved.
• Boil it in 3 sets of 5 minutes. Then pour into clean dry jars and roll cover.