Over the past few years, cloud computing become the main direction of development of modern IT-industry. The use of cloud can significantly improve the flexibility and scalability of enterprise IT-infrastructure. Previously, to run a new application required the purchase of new servers, storage, purchase application software and setup configuration. Such a project could take anywhere from several days to several months.
Today, thanks to the Cloud a new application can be deployed in less than an hour. All the necessary application processing power and storage capacity taken out of the cloud by combining virtualization resources into a single pool of multiple servers and storage systems. A quick installation provides application code templates.
Similarly, much faster happening allocation already deployed applications, which increased the load, the additional computing power and disk capacity — no need to carry out upgrade servers and storage systems (such as installing additional processors, memory modules, and hard drives), do not need to buy additional new system. Appendix practically in real time it receives the necessary power from the cloud.
With the transformation of IT to the cloud model, companies can rapidly deploy new services and dynamically respond to the new requirements of the business.
The infrastructure of the cloud: two models of cloud computing
Public (public) cloud
Deployed on IT infrastructure outsourcing provider (the best-known examples of public clouds — a Microsoft Azur and the Amazon Cloud). Translation of all applications in the public cloud allows the company to eliminate virtually all use their own servers and disk arrays, to eliminate their data centers, leaving only the server serving the internal IT-infrastructure of the company. As a result, significantly reduced the cost of corporate IT.
However, such a radical step companies are very reluctant because of too high risks:
• In case of a complete transition of all applications, including ERP and CRM, in an external public cloud provider has access to corporate data, including confidential and critical to business;
• Cloud "spinning" applications from different customers provider, so increases the risk that domestic enterprises can get data to competitors;
• When using the public cloud enterprise does not have control over the infrastructure and mechanisms in order to maintain the required quality of service, in addition to the contract with the provider;
• physical infrastructure, this can be hundreds or thousands of kilometers away from the company itself, so increasing demands on the quality of communication channels which should provide high bandwidth around the clock.
An example of the application to which it makes sense to resort to the public cloud by using a hybrid model is the cloud (or virtual) PBX.
Cloud PBX makes it easy to create and delete "internal" phone numbers, move jobs, and thanks to per minute billing the customer pays only for the time that his staff actually used for making calls. Also popular are the features such virtual PBX like call recording to monitor the performance of staff and the collection of detailed statistics for each subscriber number to increase the efficiency of business processes.
"Cloud PBX implements various functionalities of traditional PBX, and allows you to optimize the cost of telephony, providing advanced telephony features and without requiring the customer’s cost of purchasing a PBX and Maintenance, — says Elena Ventslavovich, development director of B2B companies "ER-Telecom". — Among other options, the virtual PBX — multi-line phones, voice greetings, call transfer, voicemail. With the influx of calls helps manage interactive voice menu, then entering ZVO NOC can be transferred to a mobile phone number to redirect it to a few rooms. If the company is actively doing business in other countries, it makes sense to use the conference call option to negotiate with employees or partners, which may be involved several people. In addition, the telephone number is not changed, even if the company moves to a different area or city".
Deployed on the basis of the infrastructure of their own data centers. In this case, companies need to consider the following points.
• In spite of the security and risk mitigation, such an approach requires a substantial investment — to build cloud need to purchase new and powerful enough servers and storage systems, and network switches and software licenses virtualization. Then integrate all this hardware and software into a single system, optimally tuned to serve the virtualized applications.
Some vendors (eg, Cisco, Dell, IBM, Hewlett-Packard and Hitachi Data Systems) have long been ready to offer hardware and software systems "Full construction" to create a cloud, but the cost of such solutions is very high and significantly higher than the total value of its constituent servers, storage and software.
• Normally, private clouds are designed based on the specific requirements for performance and capacity of certain applications to be deployed in the cloud. If one of these applications suddenly soared load, or an urgent need to deploy another application in the private cloud may not have sufficient additional capacity to meet this challenge. Thus, private clouds are inferior in flexibility of the public.
"Cloud technologies have long ceased to be something ethereal and distant, not only in the world, but also in Russia. More and more corporate customers are choosing these solutions for their technology infrastructure — says Denis pieces, the head of information-analytical agency Telecom Daily. Companies reduce equipment costs, salaries, allowing direct released funds for the development of the company and thereby to develop and grow. Now there are several options for building cloud infrastructure, and everyone can choose the option that suits him".
Hybrid clouds — the best of both worlds
In recent years, a growing interest in the implementation of the third mixed model of cloud computing — a hybrid cloud that combines the advantages of public and private clouds. In this case, all important business applications the company keeps in a private cloud, and all the rest — transfers to the public, that is trusted by the external service provider.
Why choose hybrid cloud:
• to reduce the size of the private cloud and thus save on the purchase of equipment and software;
• Reduces maintenance costs of minor applications;
• allows the company IT-staff to focus their efforts on ensuring the smooth operation of tehprilozheny, which depends on the performance of the company.
"As a rule, the use of hybrid clouds most profitable large enterprises with distributed infrastructure and multitasking — experts explain the international consulting agency IKS Consulting, until recently considered a rarity private clouds. Now, with the increase and improvement of cloud solutions for businesses, with the improvement of controls hybrid architecture, in particular with the development of technologies that allows you to transfer the power of the private cloud of data center customer in the public cloud and vice versa without changing the IP-based network, more and more companies will choose hybrid cloud model, translating into a public cloud in the first place non-critical applications. This contributes to the popularization of cloud cloud providers report to the management of the companies of the benefits of economic -like (translated budget expenditures of CAPEX to OPEX, reduced IT-personnel) and time. After all, there are tasks for which you want a one-time or temporary resource increase by several times. And when their own resources in these moments is not enough, it is logical to bring the power of third-party service providers and not to waste time and money for the purchase of additional equipment".
Experts also added that the benefits of a hybrid cloud model lies in the possibility of the initial allocation of resources between private and hybrid cloud, and flexibility, ie the ability to use external resources in a timely manner.
Public cloud can also be used to develop and test new versions of mission-critical applications, the primary copy of which is in private cloud, without transferring the data from these applications beyond the enterprise. In addition, you can quickly provide them with additional resources from the public cloud with a sharp unexpected increase in loads.