Why does the U.S. government spent $ 2.6 million on training Chinese prostitutes responsible drinking alcohol? Why does the U.S. government spent $ 175.587, «to determine whether cocaine stimulates sexual risk behavior in Japanese quail?»
Why does the U.S. government spent nearly a million dollars on a new soccer field for detainees at Guantanamo Bay? This week, when I saw that the State Administration of Taxation intends to pay $ 70 million in bonuses to its employees, and that the U.S. government wanted to throw in the Afghanistan military equipment worth $ 7 billion, it occurred to me to think about all the other crazy methods used by the government to start our money down the drain in recent years. So I decided to see my previous article, and make a list. I call it the «List of useless spending.» And while politicians insist on the fact that our budget can hardly be cut down, the truth is that the federal budget just choking on fat. The following are 66 crazy ways to put your hard-earned money down the drain.
1. State Administration of Taxation plans to pay bonuses to its employees in the amount of $ 70 million, although discretionary bonuses are supposed to be canceled, according to the sequestration of the federal budget.
2. According to the Washington Post, the U.S. government is planning to leave Afghanistan in military equipment worth $ 7 billion
3. It is assumed that the trip four Obama (Obama) to Africa will cost U.S. taxpayers $ 100,000,000.
4. The National Institutes of Health plans to spend $ 509.840 on a study where «amfetaminschikam will send text messages to the» gay lingo «in an attempt to convince them to use less drugs and more likely to use condoms.»
5. National Science Foundation contributed $ 384.949 to Yale University to conduct a study on «Sexual conflict, social behavior and the evolution of the genitalia of waterfowl.» Try not to laugh, but this study, for the most part, involves the study and measurement of the reproductive organs of drakes.
6. The IRS spent $ 60,000 to shoot a parody of «Star Trek» and «Gilligan’s Island.» Actors in both parodies were employees of the State Tax Service, so as you can imagine, the game was truly awful.
7. The National Institutes of Health gave $ 1,500,000 Brigham Women’s Hospital in Boston, Massachusetts, to study the reasons why the «three quarters» of lesbians in the United States are obese, and why most gay men do not tend to it.
8. NIH also spent $ 2.7 million to study why lesbians are «more likely to engage in risky alcohol consumption.»
9. The U.S. government has transferred 16 F-16 fighters and 200 tanks M-1 Abrams, the «Muslim Brotherhood» in Egypt, although the new Egyptian President Mohammed Mursi (Mohammed Morsi), a member of the organization, constantly make statements like:
«Dear brothers, we must not forget to bring up our children and grandchildren hatred towards these Zionists and Jews, and to all who support them.»
10. During 2012 three of Barack Obama’s adviser on climate change have earned more than $ 370,000.
11. Overall, 139 different White House staff have earned at least $ 100,000 each for 2012, and 20 employees — $ 172.200.
12. Amazingly, the American taxpayers are spending on Obama the couple more than $ 1.4 billion Meanwhile, the British taxpayers spend only $ 58 million for the entire royal family.
13. During the 2012 federal funds in the amount of $ 25,000 was spent on a promotional tour for the Queen Arbuzov Alabama.
14. The U.S. government spent $ 505,000 «to advertise upscale products for grooming and beauty products for cats and dogs» in 2012.
15. NASA spends about $ 1 million a year to develop the food menu for a manned mission to Mars, although it is thought that a trip to Mars will take place no earlier than a few decades.
16. For 2012 the federal government spent $ 15 million to help recruit Russian nuclear scientists.
17. Over the past 15 years, a total of about $ 5.25 million was spent on hairdressing services for U.S. senators.
18. The U.S. government has spent $ 27 million to train Moroccan model and make pottery in 2012.
19. At a time when the epidemic in the United States, unemployment, U.S. Department of Education is spending $ 1.3 million on «reducing linguistic, academic and professional barriers for skilled and unskilled immigrants and refugees, and their integration into the ranks of the American workforce and professions.»
20. The federal government is still sending about $ 20 million a year to family members of veterans of the First World War, although it was over 95 years ago.
21. The U.S. government spends about $ 3.6 million a year to support the luxurious lifestyle of former presidents such as George W. Bush (George W. Bush) and Bill Clinton (Bill Clinton).
22. During fiscal 2012, the National Science Foundation researchers at Purdue University has allocated $ 350,000. They used some of the money to fund the study, during which it was found that if golfers imagine that hole is bigger than it is, it will help them get into it.
23. The U.S. government annually allocates the Palestinian Authority hundreds of millions of dollars.
24. Over the last couple of years, federal agencies have acquired a total of about 2 billion rounds of ammunition. Asserts that all the ammunition needed to «training purposes.»
25. During 2012 the National Science Foundation spent $ 516,000 to create a video game called «Week of the school prom,» which apparently simulates «all social interactions related to this event.»
26. You will not believe, but U.S. taxpayers’ money in the amount of $ 10,000 was used to buy real speakers on the toilet seat in the state of Michigan.
27. When Joe Biden (Joe Biden) and his colleagues went to London, their stay at the hotel cost U.S. taxpayers $ 459,388.65.
28. Joe Biden and his staff also stayed for one night in Paris. The bill from the hotel for the night was $ 585,000.50.
29. Believe it or not, but about 15,000 federal employees retired now receive from the state pension of at least $ 100,000 annually. The list includes names such as Newt Gingrich (Newt Gingrich), Bob Dole (Bob Dole), Trent Lott (Trent Lott), Dick Gephardt (Dick Gephardt) and Dick Cheney (Dick Cheney).
30. U.S. Department of Agriculture has spent $ 300,000 to persuade Americans to eat caviar.
31. The National Institutes of Health recently listed a $ 666.905 a group of scientists that conducts research advantages of watching reruns of movies on TV.
32. The National Science Foundation has allocated $ 1.2 million team «scientists» who spends some of that money on a study to determine whether the beneficial effect on older Americans play in World of Warcraft.
33. The National Institutes of Health recently gave $ 548.731 to the research team, which has come to the conclusion that those who drank between the ages of 30 and 40, also tend to feel more infantile.
34. The National Science Foundation recently spent $ 30,000 on studies to determine whether or not there are «Haydar» (gaydar, the ability to identify homosexuals «friends» among others). That is the conclusion arrived at by researchers at the end of the study:
«Heydar» does exist, and … the accuracy is due to the sensitivity of the individual facial features. «
35. In 2011, the National Institutes of Health spent $ 592.527 on research whose purpose was — once and for all, find out why chimps throw poop.
36. The National Institutes of Health provided more than $ 5 million on a website called Sexpulse, designed for «men who use the internet to search for sexual relations with other men.» According to Fox News, the website «posted pornographic images of homosexual intercourse, as well as naked and half-naked men» and «interactive game in the style of Space Invaders, where you have to apply and use the blaster in the shape of the penis to shoot all sorts of obscenities gayest.»
37. The General Services Administration (The General Services Administration) spent $ 822.751 a training conference for three hundred workers in the west coast of M Resort and Casino in Las Vegas. Here’s the Washington Post described some irrational expenses incurred in the course of this conference:
Among the «excessive, wasteful and in some cases impermissible» spending, the inspector general documented: $ 5,600 for three semi-private serviced by a party in the room and $ 44 for the daily breakfast for each person, $ 75,000 for exercise team building — the aim was to bring a bike, $ 146,000 for services food and drinks, as well as $ 6,325 on commemorative coins in velvet boxes to reward all participants for their work on challenging projects. At the reception for the «informal communication» worth $ 31,208 was a showcase of handmade cheeses value at $ 19 per person and $ 7,000 for the land. At a dinner in honor of the closing of the conference workers received «yearbooks» with their pictures in the amount of $ 8,130.
Here you can see some stunning photos of the staff of the Office of General Services, the leading high life in Las Vegas.
38. Remember how the credit rating agency Egan Jones downgraded U.S. debt from AA + to AA? Well, someone from the federal government did not like it. According to Zero Hedge, the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) had intended to file a lawsuit against Egan Jones for «misreporting» in the regulatory handling the SEC.
The Commission usually no one pursues. In the end, the last time a big banker went to jail?
No, the truth is that the SEC — it’s usually just a huge loss of taxpayers’ money. According to ABC News, in the course of one investigation found that 17 high-ranking officials of the Commission regularly viewed pornography in the workplace. While the American people gave their salaries, that’s what senior officials engaged in SEC:
One senior attorney at SEC headquarters in Washington spent up to eight hours a day on porn sites on the Internet, according to a published report yet. When he filled all the space on your work computer pornographic images, he downloaded the new images on the CD-and DVD-discs, which he folded in the drawers in his office.
Accountant of the Securities and Exchange Commission tried to go to pornographic websites 1,800 times over a two week period and stored on the hard drive of your computer 600 pornographic images.
Another accountant SECispolzoval your work computer to upload their own videos on porn sites with pornographic content, on which it was registered.
And another accountant in the same organization attempted to access porn sites 16,000 times in one month.
39. According to InformationWeek, the federal government is spending «millions of dollars» to train staff in Asian call centers.
40. You will not believe, but the federal government has spent $ 750,000 on a new soccer field for detainees at Guantanamo Bay.
41. U.S. Agency for International Development has spent $ 10 million to create a version of the children’s TV program «Sesame Street» for Pakistani television.
42. The Obama administration intends to spend between $ 16 to $ 20 million to help students from Indonesia to the end of the Magistracy.
43. The National Science Foundation has allocated $ 198,000 for research to the University of California at Riverside, who studied the «motivation, expectations and goals in the pursuit of social networks.» One of the questions raised in this study was: «Do the poor people spend more time on Twitter or Facebook?»
44. In 2011, the American Museum of Magic in Marshall, Michigan, received $ 147,138. Their best trick — to force American taxpayers’ money disappear.
45. Recently, the federal government spent $ 74,000 to help Michigan «increase awareness of the role of the State of Michigan in the cultivation of trees and euphorbia pulcherrima.»
46. In 2011, the federal government allocated $ 550,000 for a documentary about the contribution of rock ‘n’ roll in the collapse of the Soviet Union.
47. The National Institutes of Health listed $ 55.382 to study «the habit of smoking hookah» in Jordan.
48. The federal government has granted $ 606,000 to researchers at Columbia University, to find out how heterosexuals use the Internet to search for the second half.
49. In total, $ 133.277 was recently highlighted the International Center of electronic games to the presentation of video games. According to the Center, it is responsible for the fact that «collects, studies, and interprets video games, other electronic games and related materials, as well as examples of the effects of electronic games on the way people play, learn and interact with each other, including the crossing of cultural and geographical barriers. «
50. The federal government presented the approximately $ 3 million to scientists at the University of California at Irvine to fund their «research» video games such as World of Warcraft.
51. In 2011, the National Science Foundation has allocated $ 149.990 team of scientists to create a video game called «RapidGuppy» for mobile phones and other portable devices.
52. In 2011, $ 936.818 was spent on the development of the online series called «Diary of a single mother.» The show «tells about the life and challenges of three single mothers and their families trying to succeed despite the obstacles faced by all single mothers, such as child care, health care, education and finance.»
53. In the past, the federal government spent $ 96,000 to buy aypadov for children of the kindergarten in the state of Maine.
54. U.S. Postal Service once spent $ 13,500 on a single dinner at Ruth’s Chris Steakhouse.
55. In 2011, the Higher Military Aviation School completed the work on creation of a street altar for pagans and Wiccans. The altar consists of a «small stone circle of Stonehenge-like bowl with a propane fire pit», and its construction cost $ 51.474. The altar is for a «group of current or future cadets whose religious beliefs fall under the broad category of» zemlepoklonnichestva «, which includes Wiccans, Druids and pagans.» At the moment, this group is three students Higher Aviation School.
56. The National Institutes of Health scientists once listed $ 400,000 to find out why gay men in Argentina behave sexually risky when drunk.
57. The National Institutes of Health researchers have identified somehow $ 442.340 to study the behavior of male prostitutes in Vietnam.
58. The National Institutes of Health once spent $ 800,000 in the form of «incentive fund of funds» to study the effect of a «program of cleaning the genitals» on men in South Africa.
59. The National Science Foundation recently spent $ 200,000 on a study to find out how voters react when politicians change their attitudes to climate change.
60. Recently, the federal government spent $ 484,000 to help build a pizzeria «Mellow Mushroom» in Arlington, Texas.
61. At the moment, the U.S. debt to China is more than a trillion dollars. But that did not stop the United States to send aid to China by $ 17.8 million in 2011.
62. U.S. Department of Agriculture has allocated the largest world producers of snacks (PepsiCo Inc.) Grant in the amount of $ 1.3 million, which was used to build a «factory of Greek yogurt in New York.»
63. The National Science Foundation recently committed an astronomical sum of $ 697.177 a New York theater company to create a musical about climate change.
64. The federal government is somehow to pay $ 2.6 million to teach Chinese prostitutes responsible drinking of alcoholic beverages.
65. USDA scientists once listed at the University of New Hampshire $ 700,000 to study methane emissions in dairy cows.
66. The federal government spent $ 175.587, «to determine whether cocaine stimulates the sexual risk behavior of the Japanese quail.»